Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Scripting Part 2: First Drafts and Writer's Block

I have almost finished the first drafts of the series. It was a pretty challenging undertaking as I had to spend some time working out the "voices" for each character.

Once episode one was completed, I sent copies to my brother and some of the people I have in mind for certain roles in the show - to get their feedback. Having been suffering from a degree of Writer's block, it was a challenge getting that first script written. But the best solution to writer's block still is writing. Just anything to clear the mind.

Feedback has been good, although it is clear that the script is still a bit wordy at the moment. I've received some excellent feedback regarding the characters and we're well on our way.

The next step, once I complete episode 3, is to cast the characters and run a character workshop where we will focus more on the comedy aspects of the script.

I find comedy to be heavily reliant on a combination of writing and casting. The best solution is to find people who are capable of being comedic and then build the humor around their strengths.

When I get to casting, I'll be posting the auditions up on the site for you all to see and comment on. :)

Stick with me here. Things are picking up pace!

Conan

No comments:

Post a Comment